On November 14, 2011, the U.S. Senate passed Senate Resolution 199 (SR 199): “A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week, December 1-7.”
This Senate bill recognizes the individuals living with Crohn's and Colitis as well as the family, friends, and medical professionals who help to care for people living with Crohn's and Colitis, the two diseases that constitute Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Gastroenterology Associates encourages everyone to join in the movement to increase awareness of and cures for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). With over 1.4 million Americans dealing with Crohn's and colitis, the need for continued and increased support of research on these two conditions is on the forefront.
Help raise awareness by doing these fast, easy things:
- Write to your local legislator and encourage them to join the Crohn’s and Colitis Caucus: http://capwiz.com/ccfa/home/
- “Like” the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America on Facebook
(https://www.facebook.com/ccfafb/app_1423518991198298), and follow the Foundation on Twitter
(www.twitter.com/ccfa), Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/ccfa), YouTube (www.youtube.com/ccfa), and Instagram @ccfa_ibd
- Change your Facebook status to: I’m supporting Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week and you should too! Learn more at: www.ccfa.org/awareness
- Use the #CCFAawarenessweek hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest whenever you post
- Reach out to anyone you know with IBD and let them know you care
- Visit www.ccfa.org to learn more about these diseases!
Disclaimer: All information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and should not replace the consultative advice and experienced feedback from your physician. Always consult with your physicians on any of your questions and concerns.